What size circle hook is best for striped bass? The size of the circle hook you use for a striped bass rig depends on the size of the bait. For larger baits, like live menhaden (bunker or pogies), an 8/0 circle hook is ideal. For chunk baits and live eels or spot, a smaller 6/0 circle hook will work.
- How do you catch striped bass on Long Island Sound? - Drop your baits back behind the boat... (Read more)
- What is the best time to fish for striped bass? - The best time of day to catch... (Read more)
- What can I fish for in Long Island Sound? - With over 100 species of fish found... (Read more)
- What is the best bait for striped bass? - Best Baits for Striped BassLive Eels as... (Read more)
- What color lures do striped bass like? - Yellow and chartreuse are fish-catchers because, simply... (Read more)
- Where is the best striped bass fishing? - The 9 Best Striper Fishing Towns in... (Read more)