What is agriculture explain?
Agriculture is the science, art and practice of cultivating plants and livestock. ... Selective breeding and modern practices in animal husbandry have similarly increased the output of meat, but have raised concerns about animal welfare and environmental damage.
What are the agricultural problems in the Philippines?
Challenges identified were lack of important provisions that will guarantee food security and reduce poverty in the countryside, lack of programs that will link agriculture with the industry, and insufficient activities aimed to vigorously transfer advanced production, post-harvest, and processing technologies to the ...
How does a farmer help the community?
Farmers play a major role in society; they feed us, some of them warm us and all are custodians of the landscape and nature. Responsibility and commitment goes way beyond their farms, crops and livestock, many are passionate “Agvocates” playing vital roles in their communities and society.
Why local farmers are important?
Locally grown food is good for the environment and for sustainability because good farmers ensure that the land is well kept with minimal, if any, usage of chemicals and fertilizers. These practices can sequester carbon, and they can also help ensure proper natural habitats for wildlife.
Why should we help farmers?
Profitability for the farmer The most important goal for us is to help the farmer increase the profitability of his farm. Better nutrition management will increase plant health and hence the productivity. Some farmer testimonials can illustrate this.
Do farmers make a lot of money?
The lower 10 percent of these farm professionals make less than $35,020, and the top 10 percent receive earnings of more than $126,070. The average farmer salary varies depending on how well the crops do and changes in operational costs for farmers.
Why is agriculture important today?
It's the source of our food supply. Arguably the most important aspect of agriculture is that it's the source of the world's food supply. ... In countries dealing with food insecurity and severe malnourishment, it's because their agriculture sectors are suffering. When agriculture thrives, fewer people go hungry.
What are the characteristics of a farmer?
Characteristics of a Farmer: Kera Howell
- Farmers are planners. They are always thinking about the future. ...
- Another characteristic of farmers is that they are kind hearted. Some of them may have a hard or rough exterior, but they really care about the animals and crops they are raising. ...
- Lastly, another characteristic I've discovered is that farmers are wise.
What is the job description of a farmer?
Farmers either own or lease land on which they raise crops, such as corn, wheat, tobacco, cotton, vegetables, or fruits; raise animals or poultry; or maintain herds of dairy cattle for the production of milk. Whereas some farmers may combine several of these activities, most specialize in one specific area.
What is the positive effect of agriculture?
Together, they act as an important buffer in the landscape, preventing flooding, reducing water pollution from agricultural runoff and preventing erosion, while providing us with nutritious food at the same time.
What are the positive and negative effects of irrigation?
The effects may be water mining, land/soil subsidence, and, along the coast, saltwater intrusion. Irrigation projects can have large benefits, but the negative side effects are often overlooked. The lower the irrigation efficiency, the higher are the losses.
What are negative effects of irrigation?
There are many positive impacts of irrigation on the environment. Among the negative impacts which appear in the mentioned spheres prevalent impacts is the danger of waterlogging and salinization of soils and waters, rise in groundwater table, spread of water born diseases, pollution of waters and many others.
What are the benefits of irrigation?
The Top 5 Benefits of Having an Irrigation System Installed
- 1) It can be an automated sprinkler system. Automated sprinkler systems are an excellent option for any yard or garden. ...
- 2) Irrigation systems will increase the value of your home. ...
- 3) You can help prevent weeds and disease in your plants. ...
- 4) Maintain soil nutrient balance. ...
- 5) You are in complete control.
What are the positive effect of irrigation?
rising water tables. increased storage of groundwater that may be used for irrigation, municipal, household and drinking water by pumping from wells. water logging and drainage problems in villages, agricultural lands, and along roads - with mostly negative consequences.
- What is the current situation of agriculture in the Philippines?
- What does agriculture mean in history?
- Are Samurai evil?
- What is a vertical economy?
- What was the situation of the Philippines during American colonization?
- What are the 3 agricultural revolutions?
- What happened during Spanish colonization in the Philippines?
- What did the Spanish do to the Philippines?
- What happened in American period in the Philippines?
- Who was the first agricultural engineer?
You will be interested
- What's the development of agriculture?
- What GDP means?
- Why Agriculture is very important?
- What happened in the Philippines during American period?
- What is the history of the Department of Agriculture?
- What are the tools of farming?
- What is agricultural GDP?
- When did the mechanization of agriculture began?
- What is statistics in agriculture?
- How do you farm money on Hypixel skyblock?